I want to share my experience on building Firefox from the ground up. I’ll be using windows 10 for this operation. To begin, my first task was to determine whether my computer has all the necessary tools and configurations to build Firefox.
Next, I will download MozillaBuild 3.0, which enables me to clone the source code of Firefox and eventually build it using built-in commands.
Patience is a virtue
After cloning the source code to my hard drive I felt that finally I’m making some progress. Now, the fun begins as I need to make some changes to the source code. In my lab requirement I had to change few things, which described in more detail in the drop-down tabs on the right.
1. I've replaced the following function method so when a user opens a new tab the browser will open a cats GIF.
2. In this File I have changed the default text color to GREEN when initiating Firefox remote control mode.
3. In here I have altered the "min-height" of the tab to appear to be bigger.
4. I have changed the tab background picture to http://i.imgur.com/UkT7jcm.gif.
5. I have modified the labels for menu items for "New Window" to "Yo! NEW WINDOW ASAP!"
How long did it take me?
So far, so good